- We experiment with posthuman ways of doing research, collaborative practices and organisation. For more read an article by Olga Cielemecka and Monika Rogowska-Stangret on posthuman academic practices, ant-like writing and feminist coauthoring: 'Stigmergy as a Collective Research Practice.'
“Journal of Posthuman Studies” was officially launched at The 9th Beyond Humanism Conference on the theme of “Posthuman Studies – Humanities, Metahumanities, Posthumanities.” The conference takes place at John Cabot University in Rome from the 19th of July until the 22nd of July 2017.
- Stacy Alaimo's new book "Exposed. Environmental Politics and Pleasures in Posthuman Times" is now out. This is a must-read for anyone interested in feminist posthumanism and environmental humanities, from the author of the groundbreaking "Bodily Natures" (Indiana 2010).
- Bodies of Water: Posthuman Feminist Phenomenology by Astrida Neimanis will soon be published by Bloomsbury Publishing.
- The Cambridge Companion to Literature and the Posthuman, a collection edited by Bruce Clarke of Texas Tech University and Manuela Rossini of Universität Basel, Switzerland, is coming out this month.
- Unlikely. Journal for Creative Arts a new transdisciplinary journal, which aims to open unexpected spaces for artistic exchange and scholarly conversations across mediums, disciplines and continents.
- Resilience: A Journal of the Environmental Humanities - Read the inaugural issue, out now!
Common Worlds (Childhoods Research Collective, Australia)
- Science & Justice Group (UC Santa Cruz, USA)
Material Ecocriticism edited by Serenella Iovino and Serpil OppermannMaterial Ecocriticism offers new ways to analyze language and reality, human and nonhuman life, mind and matter, without falling into well-worn paths of thinking. Bringing ecocriticism closer to the material turn, the contributions to this landmark volume focus on material forces and substances, the agency of things, processes, narratives and stories, and making meaning out of the world. This broad-ranging reflection on contemporary human experience and expression provokes new understandings of the planet to which we are intimately connected.
Last updated: Wed Jun 28 11:11:00 CEST 2017