- 2015-2017 Founding Program Director The Seed Box: A Mistra-Formas Environmental Humanities Collaboratory, host Linköping University (LiU) with 13 university partners and multiple international networks. Seed Box was modelled on GEXcel, the Posthumanities Hub and its many collaborative and experimental networks across borders and boundaries.
- 2015 Full Professor and Chair of Gender, Nature, Culture - at Tema Genus, LiU
- 2014-2015 Head of Gender Studies, Linköping University
- 2014 Biträdande Professor of Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Linköping University
- 2013 Guest Professor Gender Studies, University of Vienna, University of Stavanger
- 2012- Co-Director GExcel International Collegium for Advanced Transdisciplinary Gender Studies (a centre for gender excellence across Karlstad University, Linköping University and Örebro University)
- 2012 Senior Lecturer Gender Studies
- 2010-2012 Editor-in-chief of NORA: Nordic Journal of Feminist and Gender Research
- 2010- Affilierad Humboldt universitetet, Berlin, Supervisors Collegium "Gender as a Category of Knowledge"
- 2010 Docent, or Adjunct/Associate Professor (Habil.) of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- 2011-2013 Deputy Head of Gender Studies
- 2008 - Founding research leader The Posthumanities Hub, Tema Genus
- 2009-2010 Director of Studies, Director of Research Training, Gender Studies
- 2008-2012 LiU Research Fellow - Future research leaders of Linköping University
- 2005-2008 Assistant Professor, Utrecht University, The Netherlands (Gender Studies, and Media Studies), teaching MA programs Women's Studies in Culture and Politics, Gender and Ethnicity, New Media and Digital Culture, GEMMA Erasmus Mundus, and PhD courses at Utrecht University. (Also Affiliated Postdoc Research Institute of Culture and History, Utrecht Uni, and coordinating fp7-EU ADVANCE).
- 2005 PhD Tema Genus - the first Swedish PhD in Gender Studies
- 1999-2005 Teacher in undergraduate and MA-programs such as MA program Culture, Society and Media (KSM); the engineering students courses at Centre for Human, Technology, Society (CMTS), and in courses at the Medical Faculty, Linköping University.
- 1998 MA in the Arts (major: History, Philosophy, Art History and Visual Culture, and Literary Studies, minor: women's studies and cultural studies)
- 1997-1999 Commissioned researched at the Tema unit for Technology and social change, and at the Centre for gender studies and equal opportunities (FORUM).
Supervision: I have supervised 13 PhD Candidates, presently seven of them as the main supervisor: Vera Weetzel, Justin Makii, Tara Mehrabi (PhD 2016), Helga Sadowski (2016), Pat Treusch (2015), Wibke Staube (PhD 19 September 2014) and Magdalena Górska (2016).
Co-supervisor of the PhD Candidates Hanna Sjögren (2016) (Technology and Social Change/Tema T) and Ingvil Førland Hellstrand (University of Stavangerar, defended her PhD February 2015).
Other already defended dissertations: Katherine Harrison (PhD 2010), Dag Balkmar (PhD 2012), Redi Koobak (PhD 2013) and Francesca Ferrado (PhD 2012, Roma Tre University, Italien).
In addition, I have supervised about 25 graduate students (in 1-year MA programs or two-year Research MA programs) in gender studies, cultural history and media studies at Utrecht University, NL (2005-2008) and in the MA program in Intersectional Gender Studies at LiU (since 2008-).
Name: Cecilia Åsberg
Position: Professor (Chair of Gender, nature, culture)
Titles: Docent, PhD, MA
Department: TEMA - Department of Thematic Studies: Interdisciplinary Gender Studies (Tema Genus)
Functions: LiU Research Professor, Director the Posthumanities Hub, Co-Director GEXcel International Collegium
Ph: +46 13 28 66 90
Fax: +46 13 133630
Gender Studies (Tema Genus)
TEMA - Department of Thematic Studies
SE – 581 83 Linköping
Meet Cecilia Åsberg
Last updated: Thu Apr 13 12:09:08 CEST 2017