The requested page is not available in the preferred language.
The requested article is available in the following languages.
-’Between the Russian/Soviet dependencies, neoliberal delusions, dewesternizing options, and decolonial drives’, Cultural Dynamics, 2015, Vol. 27(2), pp. 267-283 (2015.DOI: 10.1177/0921374015585230).
- ‘A Salt Box and a Bracelet Conversing with a Painting: Decolonising a Post-Soviet Museum in the Caucasus’, Decolonizing museums. A Publication of L’Internationale Books. 2015. Pp. 119-125. http://www.internationaleonline.org/research/decolonising_practices/29_a_salt_box_and_a_bracelet_conversing_with_a_painting_decolonising_a_post_soviet_museum_in_the_caucasus
- ‘Can the Post-Soviet Think? On Coloniality of Knowledge, External Imperial and Double Colonial Difference ‘, Intersections. East European Journal of Society and Politics, 1 (2) 2015: 38-58. http://intersections.tk.mta.hu/index.php/intersections/article/view/38
Most recent book:
- Learning to Unlearn: Decolonial Reflection from Eurasia and the Americas, co-authored with Walter Mignolo (2012 Palgrave Macmillan).
Recent key-note lectures:
- ‘From bio-politics to body-politics of knowledge: gender, race, corporeality and global decoloniality,‘ International conference “Somatechnics of decoloniality”, Linköping University, June 17-19, 2013.
- ‘Postcolonial theory, decolonial aesthesis and the Post-Socialist Writing’, International conference Postcolonialism and East-Central European Literatures. Institute of World Literature, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, 10-12 April, 2014.
- ‘Coloniality of someone else’s memory’, Baltic Sea Region and Eastern Europe: a New Generation on the Move. Annual Conference of CBEES, Södertorn University, December 4-5, 2014.
- ‘Global coloniality, external imperial difference and the dispersal of the post-socialist "problem people"’, Global Inequalities - Hegemonic Shifts and Regional Differentiations". The 39th annual POLITICAL ECONOMY OF THE WORLD SYSTEMS CONFERENCE. 19-21 March, 2015. Free University of Berlin, Germany.
- ‘From victimhood rivalry to decolonial re-existence, or How to cultivate a “deep coalition” of the post-socialist and postcolonial feminisms?’ Postcolonial and postsocialist dialogues: intersections, opacities, challenges in feminist theorizing and practice. International conference, Linköping University, April 27-28, 2015.
- ‘The discordant voices in the feminist choir: post-socialist feminism between "going back", "starting from scratch" and a "post-East" re-existence’, States and Fates. Understanding Gender in Post-Soviet Estonia. Annual Gender Studies Conference. Gender Equality and Equal Treatment Commission. Tallinn, Estonia. June 1-2, 2015.
- ‘The geopolitics and body-politics of gendered histories, or a shift form antiquarianism to activism’, XI Nordic Women and Gender Historians Conference. Stockholm University, August 19-21, 2015.
Interviews, video-lectures and TV talk shows:
Post-Soviet Imaginary and Global Coloniality: a Gendered Perspective http://www.kronotop.org/folders/post-soviet-imaginary-and-global-coloniality-a-gendered-perspective-madina-tlostanova/
A decolonial perspective on the Crimea. Interview by Jennifer Suchland http://www.criticatac.ro/lefteast/alarming-revival-of-old-fashioned-geopolitics/
Bring in, take out. Interview by Anna Vilenica.http://www.criticatac.ro/lefteast/alarming-revival-of-old-fashioned-geopolitics/
Lecture at the Academy of the World Arts in Cologne. https://vimeo.com/144660811
Cultural Revolution (intellectual talk show, TV Culture - federal channel): 20th century is not meant for poetry (as a protagonist) http://tvkultura.ru/video/show/brand_id/20862/episode_id/1140107/video_id/1095916/
Cultural Revolution (intellectual talk show, TV Culture - federal channel): Feminism destroys society (as an expert on the anti-protagonist side) http://tvkultura.ru/video/show/brand_id/20862/episode_id/968641/
Last updated: Thu Mar 17 15:06:43 CET 2016