Academic positions and education
- Associate Professor (Docent Tema Genus) 2010.
- Linköping University Future Research Leaders: LiU Research Associate,
Assistant Professor May 2008- April 2012 (hosted by Tema Genus/ Department of Gender Studies).
- Scientific Director of The Posthumanities Hub, a research stream and a research platform at Tema Genus.www.tema.liu.se/tema-g/the-posthumanities-hub
- Editor-in-chief of NORA: Nordic Journal of Feminist and Gender Research, from fall 2009- www.tandf.co.uk/journals/titles/08038740.asp
- Director of Research Training at Tema Genus, Feb 2009 - Aug 2010.
- Interim Director of Gender Studies and course coordinator (undergraduate level) 2008-2009 .
- Assistant professor (”Universitaire Docent”), 2005-2008 Genderstudies, Institute for Media- and Cultural Studies, Utrecht University, The Netherlands.
- Postdoktoral fellow, 2006-2008, affiliated to Tema Genus, LiU (postdoktor), and to Research Institute of History and Utrecht University, The Netherlands.
- Lecturer ”Technology and culture” 2003-2005 at The Program for Culture, Society and Media representations, Campus Norrköping, Linköping University.
- Visiting scholar, 2003. Women’s Studies, Sociology, Science Studies, Lancaster Universiy, England.
- PhD-student and undergrad. teacher 1999-2005 Tema Genus
- Commissioned researcher 1998-1999 Forum för genusvetenskap och jämställdhet, LiU (Centre for gender studies and equality).
- Commissioned researcher 1997-1998 Tema teknik och social förändring, LiU (Department of Technology and Social Change, LiU).
- PhD 2005 Interdisciplinary Gender Studies, Tema Institute, Linköping University, Sweden.
- MA 1999 Liberal Arts (History - major - Literature, Art History, Philosophy, Gender Studies, Media Studies), Linköpings universitet, Sweden.
Didactical training (pedagogical education):
- University Didactics, Final step course "Supervision of Doctoral Students" (Universitetspedagogik, step 3, qualification obtained 2008, Linköping University, SE.
- Basic University Teaching Qualification, obtained with flying colours in 2006 from Utrecht University, the Netherlands.
Name: Cecilia Åsberg
Title: Associate Professor (Docent), PhD, MA
Department: TEMA - Department of Thematic Studies: Interdisciplinary Gender Studies (Tema Genus)
Positions: LiU-scholar (Future research leaders of Linköping University); Director of The Posthumanities Hub; Editor-in-Chief of NORA: Nordic Journal of Feminist and Gender Research (Routledge:Taylor & Francis), and Deputy Head of Tema Genus
Ph: +46 13 28 66 90
Fax: +46 13 133630
Gender Studies (Tema Genus)
TEMA - Department of Thematic Studies
SE – 581 83 Linköping
Editor of NORA Nordic Journal of Feminist & Gender Research
Edited volumes (special issues):
European Journal of Women's Studies
("Feminist Technoscience Studies")
NORA: Nordic Journal of Feminist and Gender Research ("Post-humanities") ed. Cecilia Åsberg with guest editors Redi Koobak and Ericka Johnson.
Meet Cecilia Åsberg
Last updated: 2012-01-09